Just imagine that your iPhone doesn’t ring as it should, and you tend to miss so many important calls. It is obviously a frustrating thing. But don’t worry, as you are not the only one who is facing this problem. It can happen that you will see missed calls on the screen even if the phone was in your hand while the ringer was on and you did not hear any sound. Follow the below-given methods to fix this problem:
Check and turn the Do Not Disturb option off
Whenever you find that iPhone isn’t ringing, the first thing to be done is check and disable the Do Not Disturb option. It may happen that you accidentally switched on Do Not Disturb option that silenced alerts, notifications, and even the calls. Your phone will not ring, but you will see many missed calls. To disable this mode, follow the below-given steps:
- Toggle up from the bottom of the gadget to bring the command center up.
- To turn it off, click the Moon icon.
Check the ringing volume and raise the volume up
- If there is no issue with Do Not Disturb option, you need to see if the ringing volume is not muted.
- Head over to the settings. Check if the silent button is activated or not.
- Increase the volume of iPhone to the highest level and call yourself from some other device to see if the issue has been fixed or not.
Check the Settings of iPhone
Your phone isn’t liable to ring if call forwarding is turned on. You won’t even receive calls whose number you have blocked. You can just check iPhone’s settings if your phone doesn’t ring.
- Launch Settings on iPhone Home screen and click phone.
- Click call forwarding. If the button is on, click to turn it off.
Check your headphones
If you take help of the headphones to receive calls then just plug in and remove it. At times you will see that the app that controls headphone jack can be confusing. Check the jack to find if it has some dust or something. Take help of a small brush for cleaning it up. Ensure that you are not pushing dirt into the socket.
Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone can assist you in getting rid of iPhone not ringing issue. It is not a difficult thing to do. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Tap and hold Sleep and Wake button.
- Toggle Slide to power off for turning the iPhone off.
- Once the screen becomes black, tap and hold Sleep/Wake button again to turn it on.