Advertisements are one of the most annoying things that everyone hates. Nobody would want to see the annoying ads popping up randomly and irritating them when they are online. In Microsoft Windows 10, the advertisements can come up in the Start menu, Cortana search, the Lock Screen, Microsoft Edge, Action Center, etc. All these services show the personalized ads which you have given permission to access the personal information.
Most of the users don’t know about it, but still, you must know that with a little effort, you can stop the personalized ads in Windows 10 apps. Follow the methods and its briefly explained steps mentioned below and get rid of the personalized apps. So let’s see the methods and its steps to stop the ads from appearing.
Here’s how to stop personalized ads in Windows 10 apps
Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Home
- Press Windows key + I key combination.
- It will open the Settings of your Windows 10 system.
- Type Privacy in the search bar.
- When you see in the first section beginning with “Let apps use advertising ID to make ads,” then move your mouse cursor to it.
- Now, click to turn off the toggle button.
Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Professional
For the Windows 10 Professional edition users, there is a different method that you can follow.
- Press Windows key + R key combination.
- It will open the Run program.
- Type gpedit.msc n the run program and press the enter button.
- It will open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the left pane of windows, go to Computer Configuration and click the Administrative Templates.
- Now, click to expand the System folder and proceed to click the User Profiles.
- In the right panel of the window, double-click the Turn off the advertising ID policy.
- Select Disable and click Apply.
- Now, click Ok.
- With these methods, you can’t prevent the ads from appearing continuously, but you can avoid the personal information from Microsoft.
Disable the Personalized Ads
- Open the web browser and visit the https://choice.microsoft.com.
- Now, click the toggle button turn off the Personalized ads in this browser option. Whenever you open MSN.com, bing.com, or Outlook.com, Microsoft will show the general ads.
- Move to turn off the Personalized ads wherever I use my Microsoft account. It will disable the ads whenever you sign in the Microsoft account.
If you have followed the methods carefully, then you successfully have blocked the personalized ads in Windows 10 apps. These will no more annoy you whenever you open the bing.com or any other services from Microsoft.